Mood Elevating Hormones are nature's fix for exercise resistant people!
It's your Mindset, not your Age that determines your Beauty.
The Standing Cable Chop is a great exercise for developing power, strength, stamina and stability. Although this rotational exercise closely resembles the swinging of an axe, the same multi directional movement is required while performing numerous daily life activities, ranging from lifting an object from a high shelf and placing it on the floor, to swinging a golf club. The cable chop follows a downward diagonal motion relative to the midline of the body. The core hips and shoulders are forced to integrate in order to maintain total body stability. This exercise relies heavily on maintaining an engaged, or “braced” abdominal and core in order to resist the rotational pull of the cable. It is arguably one of the most functional exercises you can find to train your body in ways that mimic the activities you encounter on an everyday basis.
1) Attach a handle to a high pulley position on a cable tower.
2) With your side to the cable, grab the handle with one hand and step away from the tower. You should be about an arms length away from the cable. There should be tension on the weight of the cable, and your outstretched arm should be aligned with the cable.
3) Positioned your feet shoulder width apart. Reach up and grab the handle with both hands and arms fully extended.
4) In one motion, pull the handles down and rotate your body towards your front knee.
5) Keep your back and arms straight and your core extremely tight. Pivot your back and bend the knees for a fuller range of motion.
5) Maintain your form as you
return to the up position in a slow controlled manner. Remember to use your core to resist the pull of the cable.
6) Repeat 10 - 15 repetitions. Reposition and repeat on the other side.
Beauty comes when a Healthy Mindset merges with a Healthy Body.